2 day village tour
Book a 2-Day village tour
For bookings LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE, please call us on +91 9820822253
- Select a tour type
- Shared group
- We don't run shared 2 day village tours tours
- Private group
- The price given is for up to 5 people. If you are more than 5, please contact us
- The tour can be altered slightly according to your wishes- start time, length, what you see
- Price is Rs 15,000 in total for your group.
- Tours run on any day of the week
This is a private tour, for groups up to seven people. This tour is identical to the One day village
tour except that you spend the night in the village, in the home of one of the residents.
In the evening, you see how life quietly winds up and have dinner.
On the second day, you get up, have some breakfast and then can wonder around the village and surrounding areas before returning to Mumbai.
Additional meals (dinner/ breakfast) in the home are provided.
Sheets and bedding (basic- mattresses) is provided.
- Experience village life Life in an Indian village is alien to most people’s experience. You learn about how the majority of Indians typically live, with their strong faith and sense of community. You will spend time in people’s houses as well as wondering around the village and enjoying the stunning views. You will almost certainly be accompanied by some young people of the village!
- Spend the night in the village Go one step further with the village experience! You will be very well looked after by one of the families, and although very basic, you will be provided with a mattress and clean linen.
- Take part in farming and other activities To truly understand how life is like in the villages, you need to do some village work! For example you can plough the field, harvest the rice, make bricks, learn to carry water on your head. And there are other activities which you can take part in, such as fishing, swimming and playing cricket.
- Enjoy village food The food is an essential part of the trip and you will enjoy lunch, dinner and breakfast in the village. You will eat the villagers themselves eat- mainly vegetarian food (with possibly fish or chicken for those who want). Beware that you will be encouraged to eat with your hands! Cleanliness is very important to us and we ensure that the food and the cooking facilities are clean and hygienic if fairly basic. We also take plenty of mineral water.
- Travel by boat and rickshaw The travel to and from the village is much more than just a way of getting from A to B. You will experience some stunning countryside, as well as observing country life with additional interesting information given by the tour guide. On the return boat trip, you will see the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Palace and all the other buildings stunningly lit up as you approach the coast line
- School Visits Experience the enthusiasm of the young people of rural India, while at the same time get a deeper understanding of the education system.
- Visit an Adivasi (tribal) community Adivasis were the orginal inhabitants of India and have suffered hardships and neglect. There you will see and understand their way of life and their beliefs. No photos allowed here.