dharavi short tour
Book a Dharavi Short tour
For bookings LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE, please call us on +91 9820822253
- Select a tour type
- Shared group
- We need a minimum of 2 people to do the tour. If you are a single person, we will contact you 48 hours in advance if we don’t have enough people
- There may be other people with you on the tour
- Price is Rs.600 per person if you meet at Mahim Railway Station
- Price is Rs.650 if you meet at Churchgate Railway Station
- You don’t need to pay in advance for the tour
- Private group
- The price given is for up to 5 people. If you are more than 5, please contact us
- The tour can be altered slightly according to your wishes- start time, length, what you see
- Price is Rs.3,000 in total for your group
- You need to pay in advance for the tour
- Executive Tour
- This is the same as a Private Group Tour but led by Krishna Pujari, one of the founders. You travel in greater confort and receive a gift basket
- If you wish to book an executive tour, please contact us
- Tour: Dharavi Short tour
- Group type:
- Meeting Point:
- Price: $12.00
- Group Size:
- Total: $12.00
- Preferred Start Time:
- Preferred Date:
- Alternate Date (optional):
- Add to Cart
The budget option for those wishing to see just Dharavi
On this tour, visitors will see why Dharavi is the heart of small scale industry in Mumbai. Many people know Dharavi as the 'largest slum in Asia', but there is much more to this historic area of Mumbai than poverty. Dharavi's industries have an annual turnover of approximately US$ 665 million. Through our tour visitors experience a wide range of these activities: recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, bakery, soap factory, leather tanning, poppadom-making and many more. Most of these things are created in innovative ways and in very small spaces!
When passing through the residential spaces, you will undoubtedly feel the sense of community and spirit that exists in the area. People from all over India live in Dharavi, and this diversity is apparent in the temples, mosques and churches that stand side by side. A tour through Dharavi's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, and you will leave with an enlightened sense of the purpose and determination that exists in the area.
- Recycling area Old computers, parts and plastics come from all over the world to Dharavi to be recycled. See the recycling plants in which separation and melting of plastics takes place.
- Rooftop visit There is nothing like the view from a Dharavi factory rooftop. The tin hutments that house so many human lives stretch on as far as you can see, and birds screech overhead in the blue sky. You will never forget this view!
- Biscuit bakery Taste the tea biscuits that you can buy anywhere in Mumbai, hot and fresh at the source!
- Popaddom making Watch the women of Dharavi make popaddoms, the essential appetizer of any Indian meal, by baking them on wooden baskets that are turned upside-down.
- Visit to a resident’s house Gain an understanding of how the incredible people of Dharavi live.
- Kumbharwada pottery colony Watch artisans create all types of pots out of unfired, sundried clay.
- Community centre The Community Centre, supported by funds from the tour, provides education in English, computers and other soft skills to the teenagers and young adults of Dharavi. Other activities take place here such as a library and indoor games. Visitors experience what matters most to Reality Tours... the men, women and children that make this dynamic community one of the most vibrant places in Mumbai.