Book a Market tour
For bookings LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE, please call us on +91 9820822253
- Select a tour type
- Shared group
- We need a minimum of 2 people to do the tour. If you are a single person, we will contact you 48 hours in advance if we don’t have enough people
- There may be other people with you on the tour
- Price is Rs.800 per person
- Tours run on Mon, Wed and Fri
- Private group
- The price given is for up to 5 people. If you are more than 5, please contact us
- The tour can be altered slightly according to your wishes- start time, length, what you see
- Price is Rs.4,000 in total for your group
- Tours run on any day of the week except for Sunday
- Executive Tour
- This is the same as a Private Group Tour but led by Krishna Pujari, one of the founders. You travel in greater confort and receive a gift basket
- If you wish to book an executive tour, please contact us
- Tour: Market tour
- Group type:
- Price: $16.00
- Group Size:
- Total: $16.00
- Preferred Start Time:
- Preferred Date:
- Alternate Date (optional):
- Add to Cart
A tour through the historic markets of South Mumbai is a taste of true India. The wide streets and narrow alleyways are alive with activity. In front of colonial buildings and alongside temples and mosques, vendors shout from carts that sell everything from colourful birds, to spicy snacks, to flowers and Indian clothes.
Markets are essential to the daily life of every Mumbaikar, and our tour will give visitors a glimpse of this vibrant part of Bombay's streets.
- crawford market See the mix of Romanesque & Gothic architectural styles that define South Mumbai. This fruit and vegetable market is also famous for its sales of exotic animals!
- mangaldas market Some of India's most famous fashion designers purchase cloth for their creations here!
- kalbadevi and khau galli Taste something spicy at this popular market! From chaats to masala dosa, every Indian street food can be found here.
- mumbadevi temple This is the historical Hindu temple after which 'Mumbai' city was named. Here, one can receive 'prasad,' blessings from Hindu priests.
- flower galli A market that has been famous for flowers for nearly 100 years!
- bombay panjrapole This is one of the oldest spaces used for the welfare of cows: over 400 cows live here! The cow is considered sacred by Hindus, and to increase their karma, people will come to the shelter to feed the cows.